Microwave Chocolate Pudding is a quick and easy homemade dessert that is delicious!
The first time I heard about microwave chocolate pudding was from my sister. She told me how good it was, but I was not really sold on the idea.
You see I love homemade pudding and just could not see how it could be made in the microwave. I filed the idea in the back of my mind, but never gave it a try.
Then my mom started talking about how wonderful microwave pudding was and how easy it was to make for a quick dessert. That was when I knew I had to give it a try. A recipe that both my sister and mom loves must be worth trying.
I got the recipe from them and gave it a try. And I agree. Microwave pudding is delicious! Not only is it delicious it is so easy to make when I need a quick dessert.
If you need a quick and easy dessert that uses basic ingredients you need to try this! So good!
Favorite Tools Used To Make This Recipe
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine sugar, baking cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in a 1 qt or 2 qt microwave-safe bowl.
- Whisk in milk until smooth.
- Microwave on high, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir and microwave for 3-4 more minutes. The time may vary with the different microwave ovens.
- Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate chips are melted and pudding is smooth.
- Serve immediately or cool to serve.
- To avoid the skin that forms on the pudding as it cools, use plastic wrap to cover the pudding and press it directly onto the putting so that it touches the pudding.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g