If you follow me on Facebook, than you might have seen the picture that I shared earlier this week of a pumpkin dessert I made.
This is a dessert that I have been thinking about for awhile and I finally had time to give it a try earlier this week. The advantage of being a food blogger is that you get to try things like pumpkin pie squares before Thanksgiving.
It also means that you get to eat pumpkin pie type desserts more than once a year and that is a good thing when you love pumpkin pie.
These pumpkin pie squares are basically my favorite pumpkin pie recipe, baked in a 9×13 pan. I did adjust the amounts some to get it to work in a 9×13 pan, but it is basically the same pie recipe.
One of the things I love about making this pie in 9×13 pan is that it is much easier to make when it comes to the crust, because you just roll it out and press it into a 9×13 pan. No need to worry about pretty edges here and no one sees the imperfections. That is always a good thing.
I also love this because it is an easy dessert to serve a crowd. Tiny pieces of pie look, well tiny, but a dessert served into a 9×13 pan and cut into small squares, does not seem so tiny. At least I don’t think they do.
And of course, my favorite thing about these pumpkin pie squares is the taste. If you love pumpkin these are for you. Rich and creamy and oh so very delicious. Really this is the perfect Thanksgiving Day dessert.
- 1-9 inch unbaked pie crust ( I used my gluten free pie crust see note below )
- 2- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 2-14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll pie crust into a rectangle or as close as you can get it piece of dough. Press into a 9x13 pan. You can cut the dough into pieces and press into the pan as needed if that is easier. This does not have to be perfect, you just want a layer of pie crust on the bottom of the 9x13 pan. And you press this into the bottom only, not up the sides.
- In a bowl whisk together pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Pour onto crust that has been pressed into a 9x13 pan
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 35-40 more minutes or until knife inserted into the center comes clean.
- Cool completely and serve. We like these best cold, so I refrigerate them for a few hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 274Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 7g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.