Raspberry Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake is a simple way to make breakfast special.
This might be my family’s new favorite breakfast treat. The combination of raspberries and chocolate is perfect in this coffee cake. It is moist and delicious with a crunchy streusel topping.
One of the things that I love about coffee cake is that it works for a special breakfast treat, but it also makes a great dessert. We love this cake for both breakfast and dessert.
I also love that this cake works well both regular and gluten free. This will work for all my readers. Those that are gluten free and those that aren’t.
A note about the gluten free version. Many of my gluten free readers know that I am not a huge fan of gluten free flour blends, but for this cake it works well. I made it using Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free blend and it worked great. No need for the individual flours on this one. I haven’t tried it with other blends though, only with Bob’s Red Mill, so I am not sure how others will work.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour ( Uaw Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF Flour Blend for gluten-free version )
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups flour ( Use Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 GF Flour Blend for gluten-free version )
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Set aside.
- To make the streusel topping mix the sugar, flour, and salt. Cut in butter using a fork or pastry cutter until butter is pea-sized and the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- For the cake combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and milk to the sugar/butter mixture. Starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Carefully stir in raspberries and chocolate chips just until combined.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Sprinkle with streusel mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 354mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 5gSugar: 37gProtein: 6g