This Red, White, and Blue Jello salad is a fun dessert perfect for the 4th of July. Doesn’t that just look like it was made for a 4th of July celebration?
My kids love this jello salad and with the colors and fresh fruit the 4th of July is a great time to make it.
Now, this is not a dessert I would make everyday, but this is a great celebration, picnic, or barbecue type recipe. And this makes quite a lot, so this would serve a crowd.
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue jello
- 2 cups boiling water, (divided in half)
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, (divided into 1 cup, 1 cup, and 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry jello
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1- 8 ounce container of Cool Whip
- In a bowl, dissolve berry blue gelatin in 1 cup boiling water and then stir in 1 cup cold water. Pour into a large glass trifle or serving bowl. Sprinkle with blueberries and refrigerate until firm, about 1 -2 hours.
- In a saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water and let stand about 1 minute. Add the cream and sugar and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature. Then whisk in sour cream and vanilla.
- Carefully spoon over the blue layer and refrigerate until firm, about 1-2 hours.
- In a bowl, dissolve strawberry jello with remaining hot water and then stir in remaining cold water. Carefully spread/spoon over cream layer and sprinkle with strawberries. Chill until set, about 1-2 hours.
- Spread Cool Whip on top and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Adapted from Taste of Home