This soft and chewy gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe is based on a cookie recipe that my sisters and I have been making for years. It came from an old Taste of Home magazine from the mid 1990’s.
This cookie recipe is a little different because it contains a box of pudding mix that you add in dry. Now if you know me, you know that in general I am not a fan of boxed pudding.
In fact I have quite a few homemade pudding recipes on my main site, and if I am going to make pudding, I still prefer the homemade kind. But in this recipe adding the pudding mix to the batter gives you a really soft and chewy cookie. It changes the texture and makes it so good.
Just be sure to check the box pudding mix that you use to make sure it is gluten free.
Soft and Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 sugar
- 1- 3.4 ounce instant vanilla pudding (make sure to use one that is gluten free)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- In a bowl cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This takes about 3-5 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Beat in pudding mix, (you add it dry, you do not make the pudding up) and the vanilla.
- Add rice flours, cornstarch, xanthan gum, and baking soda, and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove to rack to cool and enjoy!