Need an easy, but impressive dessert? Try White Chocolate Berry Trifle!
It is almost July. That means next week we will be celebrating The 4th of July.
The 4th of July is a time to celebrate. Yes it is about food, family, and friends, but more than that it is a day to celebrate our country and the freedoms that we enjoy.
In honor of the 4th of July, we are celebrating with food perfect for your 4th of July picnic or barbecue.
Today I am sharing an impressive White Chocolate Berry Trifle for you.
I made this for my husband’s staff meeting back in May and everyone loved it. It is the perfect dessert for summer.
What is a Trifle?
A trifle is a layered dessert that usually includes fruit, cake, and a custard or pudding layer.
Need more trifle recipes?
- Try my Chocolate Brownie Trifle. It is one of my favorites.
- Taste of Home has a list of ten easy trifle recipes.
- This Lemon Blueberry Trifle also looks delicious!
Now for the White Chocolate Berry Trifle Recipe!
- 1 pound cake cut into 1 inch or so cubes - You can use homemade or store bought. For a gluten free version see the notes below of my gluten free pound cake.
- homemade white chocolate pudding
- 1- 8 ounce container Cool Whip
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3-4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large trifle or glass bowl layer half of the pound cake, then half of the pudding, and then the strawberries, leaving a few to sprinkle on the top. Carefully spread about half of the Cool Whip on top of the berries.
- Then make another layer with the remaining pound cake, the rest of the pudding, and the blueberries, saving a few blueberries for the top. Top with remaining Cool Whip and decorate with the remaining berries.
- Let sit for a few hours or overnight.
- Serve and Enjoy!
For the pudding you can also use a box of Jello White Chocolate Pudding made according to the directions, but homemade is better.
For a gluten free trifle use my homemade gluten free pound cake.