One of the best ways to save time and money on groceries is to use what you have and make recipes like these Chili Cheese Quesadillas.
What Are Chili Cheese Quesadillas?
Chili cheese quesadillas are a simple and delicious way to use up leftovers. Chili, cheese, and tortillas are combined and cooked in this easy to make lunch or dinner recipe.
The recipe I am sharing is more of a technique than a recipe. It is very easy to change this up to make it with whatever type of chili or cheese that you have on hand.
It isn’t the prettiest of meals, but it is a meal that you are sure to love.
Cook Once Eat Twice
Chili is one of my favorite recipes to cook once, and eat twice. Or eat three or four times.
You can easily make a huge pot of chili to serve your family one night for dinner. Then the next night or two you can serve the leftovers as chili cheese fries, chili cheese nachos, chili cheese pasta, or the chili cheese quesadillas recipe I am sharing today.
Chili also freezes great. If you do not want to eat chili three different ways in one week, freeze the leftovers and get creative with them in recipes like this later on.
All you need to make these quesadillas with leftover chili are three simple ingredients.
- leftover chili or frozen or canned chili will work too
- flour, corn, or gluten free tortillas
- 1 cup cooked chili
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese or Mexican cheese
- 2 tortillas, flour, gluten free, or corn
- Place tortillas in non-stick pan or cast-iron skillet.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese on half of each tortilla.
- Spread the chili over the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the chili.
- Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the tortilla is lightly browned.
- Flip tortilla over and cook for 2-3 minutes or until other side is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
If using corn tortillas you will need to use more tortillas and less filling per quesadilla since they are smaller.
If you are gluten free be sure that your chili is gluten free and use corn tortillas or gluten free tortillas.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 611Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 1114mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
How To Make Quesadillas With Leftover Chili
Place the tortilla in a non-stick pan or cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with cheese.
Spread Chili on cheese.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Flip over and cook 2-3 more minutes or until lightly browned and cheese is melted.