Three ingredients are all you need for this easy Crock Pot Mexican Chicken!
The last few months have involved a lot of quick and easy cooking using the ingredients that I have on hand.
Some of my favorite recipes are recipes that I came up with by getting creative with the items I had in my pantry, fridge, and freezer.
This recipe is an example of forced creativity. And forced creativity can be a good thing!
I have made many variations of Crock Pot Mexican Chicken but this one is our new favorite.
Why do I love this version of Crock Pot Mexican Chicken so much?
- It contains three ingredients that I almost always have on hand.
- It can be used in so many ways. It works for tacos, taco salad, burritos, nachos, and more.
- It can be frozen for easy meals later on.
- It is also easy to make gluten free.
Need some recipes to serve with Mexican Chicken?
- Mexican Rice
- Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Cheater Refried Beans
- Homemade Refried Beans
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 beer ( use gluten free beer for gluten free version)
- 1 package taco seasoning
- Place chicken in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
- Pour beer over chicken and taco seasoning.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker.
- Shred chicken and pour some of the liquid over chicken.
- Serve as is, on taco salad, tacos, burritos, nachos, and more.
For gluten free version use gluten free beer and gluten free taco seasoning.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 223Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 36g