Shredded Crock Pot Pork Roast is delicious on its own, on buns as sandwiches, with bbq sauce, in tacos and Mexican food, and more.
I am keeping it simple with this slow cooked pork roast. It contains only five ingredients and can be served in so many different ways.
Sometimes though you just want a basic shredded pork that can be used in all kinds of different ways. When that is what you are looking for this recipe for pork roast is what you need.
How To Serve Pork Roast
You can serve it with bbq sauce on its own or on bread or buns.
You can serve it on tortillas with beans and rice or in burritos or quesadillas.
There are endless ways to serve this shredded crock pot pork roast.
Cook Once Eat Twice
This roast can be served in so many different ways that it makes a great cook once eat twice meal.
You can serve it as sandwiches the first day and over baked potatoes the next. Or serve it with mashed potatoes and salad the first day and as tacos the next day.
If you are only serving a few people this will easily make three or four meals.
How To Freeze Pork Roast
Leftover Crock Pot roast freezes great. I love to freeze some of the leftovers to use when I need a quick lunch or dinner.
Let cool completely and freeze in zip-top bags or freezer safe containers.
Defrost and reheat to serve.
Five ingredients are all you need for this easy pork roast recipe.
- pork shoulder roast
- seasoning salt
- ground black pepper
- Dr. Pepper
- 4 pound pork shoulder roast ( a 3lb roast or a larger roast will also work
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 ounces Dr. Pepper
- Place half of the sliced onions in the bottom of a 6qt Crock Pot.
- Rub seasoning salt and pepper all over roast.
- Place roast in Crock Pot.
- Put the remaining onions on top of the roast.
- Pour Dr. Pepper over the roast.
- Cook on low for 9-10 hours.
- Remove roast from crock pot and shred, saving about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of the juice/liquid.
- After the meat is shredded pour juice/liquid over meat.
This works with anywhere from a 3 to 5-pound pork shoulder roast.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 27g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Recipes make dinner easy including soup, roast, side dishes, and more.