Custard pie is a perfect old fashioned dessert. It is easy and frugal, yet very good.
Like regular custard, this custard pie contains normal everyday ingredients. There is nothing fancy in this pie. It is basically a custard, baked in a pie shell.
My family loves this pie. I would enjoy this with nutmeg, but since my husband does not like nutmeg, I use cinnamon. If you like nutmeg, I suggest you use 1 teaspoon of nutmeg in place of the cinnamon.
Have any of you ever made or had custard pie?
- Pastry for single pie ( use gluten free for gf pie )
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place pie crust into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into the prebaked crust.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 1 hour. I like this pie at room temperature and my husband likes it cold. So serve it how you like it. Refrigerate leftovers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.