This recipe comes from my mom. She has been making this for years. I am guessing around 30 years, because I remember eating this throughout my childhood. She took this to many church dinners and family gatherings. This is a quick, easy, and frugal dessert.
It is like a no bake cheesecake, but is lighter and creamier. I actually like this a little better than a no bake cheesecake. This dessert is perfect for an everyday dessert, but it also works well for a family or holiday dinner. I prefer this plain, but my mom usually served it with cherries, like you would a cheesecake.
- 2 graham cracker pie crust
- 1 package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, chilled (do not skip the chilling part, it is important)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) packaged lemon jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- canned pie filling/topping if desired
- Dissolve jello in boiling water. Let cool to about room temperature.
- When jello mixture is cooled, place in a blender and add cream cheese, sugar, chilled milk, and vanilla.
- Blend together well and pour into graham cracker crust.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 140Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.