No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars are an easy no bake treat that your family is sure to love!
No bake chocolate oat bars combines chocolate and oats in a simple no bake dessert.
I made these recently when we had company for dinner and everyone loved them. It was hot outside and I didn’t want to turn on the oven to make dessert. I also didn’t have a lot of time to make something. These no bake bars worked perfectly.
Don’t those look good! My kids can eat a pan of these in no time.
Why make no bake desserts?
Recipes that do not require the oven are perfect for the summer. No one wants to heat up the house when it is 100 degrees outside.
No bake desserts are also great because they are quick and easy to make. No bake cookies and no bake cookie bars are some of our favorite desserts to make all year long because they are an easy last minute dessert or snack.
No bake recipes are also good recipes to use when cooking kids and teens because they usually only contain a few basic ingredients.
Can these no bake bars be made gluten free?
Yes these no bake bars can be made gluten free simply by using gluten free quick oats. There is no flour in these so all you need to do is use gluten free oats.
Read labels to also make sure that your chocolate is gluten free, but most chocolate is gluten free.
Can no bake bars be made peanut butter free?
Yes these no bake bars can be made peanut butter free. In fact, that is how I made them. My oldest daughter has a peanut allergy so I made these with Wow Butter. Sun Butter would also work in these.
If you need other peanut butter free no bake recipes be sure to try my peanut butter free no bake cookies.
Now for the recipe!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats ( use gf oats for gluten free version)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (nut free butters like wow or sunbutter work)
- Grease a 9x9 or 8x8 pan. Set aside.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in oats and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Press half of the mixture into prepared pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and peanut butter.
- Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Spread chocolate mixture over oat layer in pan.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture on top of chocolate layer. Press layer slightly into chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Cut into bars and serve. These will be easier to cut if you let them set out at room temperature for a few minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 138mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 5g