Classic no bake cookies turned into no bake cookie bars!
It is summer in Oklahoma, which means it is hot outside. The kind of heat where I dread turning on the oven because it heats up the house so much.
Every summer I try to come up with some easy, no bake, summertime desserts that I can make without using my oven. No one wants to use their oven when it is crazy hot outside.
No bake cookie bars are a recipe I came up with years ago based on my no bake cookies. It is the same basic recipe, I just tweaked it a little bit and turned it into bars.
My family thinks they are even better this way. I love them because making them into bars makes them even easier to make.
They are also an inexpensive dessert to make. I also usually have all the ingredients on hand, so they are easy to make any time I need a quick dessert.
If you want to make these peanut butter free, use my peanut butter free no bake cookies and just spread them into a pan like the directions below.
Need more no bake recipes? Try one of our favorites.
- Peanut Butter Free No Bake Cookies
- Coconut No Bake Cookie Bars
- No Bake Butterscotch Cookie Bars
- Coconut Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick oats ( I use gluten free quick oats to make them gluten free)
- ⅔ cup peanut butter ( You can use sunbutter to make them pb free)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Bring first four ingredients to a boil and cook 1 minute.
- Add vanilla, oatmeal, and peanut butter and stir until combined. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread into a 9x13 pan or for a thinner bar spread into a jelly roll type pan.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into squares.
Originally published August 13, 2009. Updated June 13, 2019.