Tuna pasta salad is a simple make ahead lunch or dinner that is uses basic pantry ingredients.
Pasta salad is one of my favorite summer dinners. It is easy to make, doesn’t require the oven, and can be made ahead.
Those three things make it perfect for serving your family during the warmer months of the year.
One of the other things that I love about pasta salad is how easy it is to change up. I can serve pasta salad once a week, but if I change it up it doesn’t feel like we are eating the same salad every week.
Tuna pasta salad is another favorite that I can’t believe I have never shared with you. Tuna pasta salad is great because it is a main dish salad that uses basic ingredients that I almost always have on hand.
- boiled eggs
- pasta or gluten free pasta
- pickles or relish
- lemon juice
Can pasta salad be made gluten free? Yes, you can make it with your favorite gluten free pasta. You also need to read labels to be sure that your ingredients are gluten free, but gluten free pasta salad is delicious!
- 16 ounces pasta cooked and drained, gluten free pasta works well too
- 2 -5.1 ounce cans tuna, drained and flaked ( pouches of tuna work too)
- 1 cup sliced olives
- 3 boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pickles ( relish works too)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl whisk together mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Pour over warm cooked and drained pasta.
- Stir to coat well.
- Add tuna, olives, eggs, and pickles.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.