If you need a simple side dish or a meatless main dish give Cheesy Instant Pot Rice a try. Kids and adults will love this rice dish.
Have you noticed rising grocery prices? I think that we all have. One of the ways that I am keeping the grocery budget under control right now is to keep it simple.
Recipes that contain only a few basic pantry ingredients are going to cost you less than a complicated recipe with a lot of ingredients.
This Cheesy Instant Pot Rice is an example of a recipe that I love because it is so easy and inexpensive to make.
What is cheesy rice?
You might be wondering what cheesy rice is exactly. My recipe for Instant Pot Cheesy Rice is kind of like mac and cheese, but made with rice.
Rice is inexpensive and I almost always have it on hand. Rice is also gluten free, so this is an easy inexpensive gluten free dish.
I love this cheesy rice because it can be a side dish or you can stir in some cooked chicken, beef, or sausage to make it a main dish.
I have served this as a main dish as is, without meat, with a salad and or fruit.
Yes, it is a simple main dish. It isn’t fancy, but this can be an inexpensive main dish recipe.
- long grain white rice
- chicken broth – you can use all water, but chicken broth gives it the extra flavor that makes it better.
- cheddar cheese or colby jack cheese – other types of cheese will work, but these are my favorite
More Rice Recipes
- Instant Pot Green Chili Rice
- Perfect Instant Pot Rice
- Brown Rice Mexican Rice
- Stove Top Rice Pudding
- Gluten Free Mexican Rice
Cheesy Instant Pot Rice
Cheesy Instant Pot Rice works as a simple side dish or a delicious meatless main dish.
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 - 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or colby jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Rinse rice.
- Place rice, chicken broth, and water in Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid and set the steam valve to sealing.
- Press the rice button for the rice setting.
- Once done let rest for 10 minutes.
- Carefully release any pressure that is left.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Stir in milk and cheese.
- Place lid back on Instant Pot and let set 3 -4 minutes on the warm feature. This will help melt the cheese and heat the milk.
If you are gluten free be sure to read labels to make sure that your ingredients are gluten free.
For a main dish stir in some cooked chicken, cooked ground beef, or cooked sausage.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 617mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 11g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.
Leave a Reply