Are you dairy free or know someone that is dairy free? This dairy free pumpkin pie recipe is perfect for the dairy free person on Thanksgiving!
This pie is rich and creamy and just the way pumpkin pie should be. Minus the dairy.
Yesterday I shared a recipe for homemade dairy free sweetened condensed milk. I am so excited about that recipe. There are so many desserts I have planned with it.
Since it is Thanksgiving time my favorite pumpkin pie was on the list of desserts I wanted to try. My favorite pumpkin pie is the classic pumpkin pie made with sweetened condensed milk. I love that pie because it is so rich and creamy and easy to make. It turns out great every time I make it.
I was not sure the dairy free sweetened condensed milk would work in the recipe though. I did not know if it would set up and if it would taste anywhere near the same, but I was willing to give it a try.
When I took the pie out of the oven I was amazed at how well it set up. It looked just like a normal pumpkin pie. And as far as the taste goes, it was delicious! Really it was not that much different than the original recipe that I loved. I think the original one might be slightly sweeter, but that is it. This one was just about perfect.
If you need a dairy free pie for the holidays. This one is great. It will be my go to recipe for pumpkin pie for my daughter.
- 1- 9 inch unbaked pie crust, I used gluten free pie crust
- 1- 15 ounce
- can pumpkin
- 1 recipe for dairy free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together pumpkin, dairy free sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 35-40 more minutes or until knife inserted into the center comes clean.
- Cool completely and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 242mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Nutritional values are approximate and aren't always accurate.