Gluten Free Lemon Yogurt muffins are so delicious that no one will know that they are gluten free.
Lemon and gluten free are one of my favorite combinations for baking. They go perfectly together. Almost every lemon recipe that I convert to gluten free turns out.
The acidic nature of lemons and lemon juice help the taste and texture of gluten free baked goods.
If you struggle with gluten free muffins, breads, or cakes give a recipe like this lemon one a try. It really does make a difference.
Gluten free can be easy and delicious. I know I say that all the time, but I really believe it. Gluten free doesn’t have to be complicated and it doesn’t have to taste gluten free.
Gluten free food can be easy to make and taste so good that no one will know it is gluten free.
Not only are these muffins delicious they are a great way to make gluten free breakfasts, lunches, and snacks quick and easy.
If you make a batch of gluten free muffins over the weekend you will have an easy to grab treat all week.
Muffins also freeze great. So make a double batch and keep them in the freezer for easy to grab treats.
These gluten free lemon yogurt muffins remind me of a bakery style muffin. They are light and airy and so good. Make these and you won’t miss your favorite bakery muffins.
I love to drizzle a glaze over these to make them extra special, but you don’t have to. You can easily leave the glaze off if you prefer.
Love lemon recipes?
- Gluten Free Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Lemon Bundt Cake with a Gluten Free Option
- Gluten Free version of Starbucks Lemon Loaf
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars
- Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Need some more gluten free muffin recipes? Try one of our favorite gluten free muffins.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup vanilla, lemon, or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract, optional but adds extra lemon flavor
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour blend (Other gf blends will work, but Bob's Red Mill is the only one I have tried for this.)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with muffin liners.
- In a bowl combine gluten free flour blend, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, yogurt, oil, lemon juice, and lemon extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Stir in flour mixture just until well combined.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups filling each one about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool on cooling rack.
- For the glaze: Mix together powdered sugar and lemon juice for the glaze and whisk until smooth. Add more lemon juice if needed for desired texture.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins. I like to glaze the muffins when they are still slightly warm so that the glaze absorbs into the muffins, but they can also be glazed with the muffins are completely cooled.
You can use sour cream in place of the yogurt, but I like the yogurt version slightly better.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 233mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 4g