These gluten free brownies contain two kinds of chocolate and are rich and delicious.
I talked recently about how gluten free recipes can and should taste great. And I totally believe that. Just because it is gluten free does not mean that we should have to sacrifice taste. Gluten free can taste as good as the real thing and these brownies are proof of that.
This gluten free brownie recipe is adapted from an old Taste of Home Recipe for Ultimate Double Chocolate Brownies. Now these brownies were really good, but I think they are in the same category of my ultimate gluten free chocolate chip cookie. In other words I am hesitant to call anything the ultimate recipe. But since that was the title of the original recipe I am sticking with it.
Besides the gluten free part I did change one other thing on this recipe. I reduced the sugar. The original recipe called for 2 cups of sugar and I thought that could easily be cut back and work fine. And it did. I cut the sugar back and could not tell a difference at all.
The original recipe also called for nuts. Since my family can’t have nuts I left them out, but if you can have nuts stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans and these will be even better.
Ultimate Double Chocolate Gluten Free Brownies
The ultimate double chocolate gluten free brownies are so good that no one will know that they are gluten free.
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted and divided in half
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten-free chocolate chunks or gluten-free chocolate chips
- In a large bowl combine cocoa, baking soda, and 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Add boiling water and stir until well blended.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, and remaining butter.
- Add white rice flour, sweet rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, salt, and vanilla.
- Stir until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spread into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 for 28-30 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 33gProtein: 4g
Nutritional values are approxomite and aren't always accurate.
Leave a Reply