Zucchini Baked Oatmeal is the perfect way to use up that extra zucchini from the garden!
Have you ever tried baked oatmeal? If you have not tried baked oatmeal you need to! It has turned many oatmeal haters into oatmeal lovers.
Baked oatmeal is a cross between a bowl of oatmeal and a dessert. It has a totally different texture than a bowl of oatmeal. Baked oatmeal is not mushy at all.
During the summer I love to incorporate summer produce into baked oatmeal.
Today I am sharing another summer favorite. Zucchini Baked Oatmeal.
This recipe is like zucchini bread in the form of baked oatmeal.
For this recipe I added chocolate chips for a zucchini chocolate chip baked oatmeal, but you could easily leave the chocolate out and add cinnamon to it for a classic zucchini bread flavor.
If you have extra zucchini from your garden this is a great recipe to change up your basic breakfast.
- 3 cups quick cooking oats- use gluten free quick cooking oats for gluten free version
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini, I use the smaller side of the grater when grating the zucchini.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips ( optional, but good )
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine oats, brown sugar, .milk, butter, eggs, baking powder, salt, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Stir in zucchini. If zucchini has a lot of liquid, squeeze or drain some of the liquid off before adding.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread in a greased 9×13 pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- If you like it a little crunchy on top cook for a few minutes longer.
- serve with warm milk poured over top.
For gluten free version use gluten free oats and gluten free chocolate chips.
For a different version leave out chocolate chips and add in some cinnamon for a more classic basic zucchini bread type of flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 5gSugar: 19gProtein: 9g